CMHA branches across Manitoba offer a variety of services. Our services are informed by CMHA’s Framework for Support and the recovery model as a basis for working with people with mental health illnesses and challenges.
The drop-in centre, fondly known around town as “The Club”, is a mutual peer support environment which means that consumers come to intentionally support each other and engage in activities that will assist them in their personal recovery.
The Club is operated jointly by consumers and CMHA staff who share responsibility for opening and closing the space, cleaning, stocking supplies, making coffee, planning next month’s activities, and much more. The Club is about choice and empowerment. Consumers can decide how often they want to attend and what activities they would like to be involved in.
While attendance at The Club is open to anyone, we ask that individuals who frequent the space register as a “member” by paying a one-time fee of $2.00 and agree to abide by a bill of rights and responsibilities for those using the space.
The Club Rights:
- To be treated in a fair and respectful way
- To be involved in deciding what goes on at The Club
- To a positive environment that encourages growth and recovery
The Club Responsibilities
- To treat others, including CMHA staff, in a fair and respectful way
- To provide your input and opinion about what goes on at The Club
- To use your experience to help others take steps toward growth and recovery
A monthly calendar of events (subject to change) is posted in advance and can be mailed or emailed on request.
The Club is open Monday to Thursday, 8:30 – 4:30; Friday 8:30 – 3:30; closed daily from 11:30 – 12:30 for lunch.
Tuesdays: 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Wednesdays 1 p.m. – 4 p.m.
Thursdays 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
We are closed from 12:00 – 1:00 for lunch on Tuesdays and Thursdays