Interlake - Eastern
CMHA branches across Manitoba offer a variety of services. Our services are informed by CMHA’s Framework for Support and the recovery model as a basis for working with people with mental health illnesses and challenges.
The Portable Housing Benefit program is a rent supplement accompanied by housing supports for low income individuals with a mental health disability.
Please call our office at 204 478 6531 for more information about the Portable Housing Benefit.
You are eligible for the Portable Housing Benefit if:
- Enrolled on Employment and Income Assistance (EIA) on the basis of a mental health disability
- In an unstable housing situation at the time of application
- Living in a private rental accommodation
- Willing to engage with the Canadian Mental Health Association, who are delivering the PHB
The Portable Housing Benefit offers the recipient both a rent supplement and housing supports.
The PHB rent supplement is calculated as the difference between the recipient’s actual rent and the amount of rental assistance received from EIA, up to a maximum of $200 per month.
The Canadian Mental Health Association Interlake Eastern Region provides a supported housing program model to adults with mental illness in the Interlake Eastern Region. This program can help individuals with the following:
- Finding suitable housing
- Setting up a household (e.g., obtaining furniture and household items)
- Maintaining a household
- Paying the rent and utilities
- Connecting with other services
- Empowering clients to speak for themselves